Sunday, February 27, 2011

Should I invest in a funeral plan?

A reader wonders if she should save her family from future financial struggles by investing in a funeral plan

Every week a Guardian Money reader submits a question, and it's up to you to help him or her out ? a selection of the best answers will appear in next Saturday's paper.

This week's question:

I am a widow in my seventies, living on a small income and with �6,000 savings. Should I buy a funeral plan with the money, or invest it in some other way? My husband's life insurance was not sufficient for his funeral, and I don't want to leave my family facing a billl.

What are your thoughts?


guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2011 | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds


Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/blog/2011/feb/25/invest-in-a-funeral-plan

Craig Bellamy Lee Bowyer Weather Annuities Switzerland BBC

No comments:

Post a Comment