Sunday, February 5, 2012

What I see in the mirror: Gabby Logan

I've spent my life wishing my nose was smaller, but now I think, 'Yes, it will keep creases away because it's big'

The first thing I notice is my mouth and I always have a close look at my teeth because, as you get older, things seem to catch in them more.

I haven't got a girly face ? I have a large nose. I never thought of my nose as being an asset until I was talking about The Iron Lady and a friend said, "Meryl Streep is ageing so well because of those cheekbones and that nose." I have spent my life wishing my nose was smaller, but now I think, "Yes, it will hold out the skin for longer and keep creases away because it's big."

I don't pay too much heed to the fact that I'll be 40 next year ? I can still go for a three-mile run and 50-mile charity bike rides. I don't feel different physically but I have definitely changed the way I dress ? if I wear a shorter skirt, then I wear flats as I feel silly clomping around in high heels with my children.

With age comes acceptance. You have more important things to think about, so you don't agonise about your appearance so much. That said, I grew up with a mother who was well groomed, so that is my norm. I enjoy having a facial and my highlights done. I wonder how many treatments I would have if I wasn't in telly. It's not that I am being overly vain, but I wouldn't go to somebody's house with dirty clothes and fingernails, and unbrushed hair. It's the same when you are on telly ? I'm going into somebody's living room, so I want to look respectable.

? Gabby Logan hosts LIVE with Gabby, weekdays at 11.10am on Channel 5.


guardian.co.uk © 2012 Guardian News and Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved. | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/fashion/2012/feb/03/gabby-logan-what-see-mirror

Climate change Madagascar Electronic music Wildlife Work & careers Cobham

No comments:

Post a Comment