Sunday, March 13, 2011

Customer's concern after city debt management firm closes

CUSTOMERS of a Nottingham debt management company have spoken of their fears after the firm's office closed.

DCM Money Solutions has closed its base in Hope Drive, The Park.

A statement on the company's website initially said it had gone into administration, though the message was later amended to say "More information to be provided shortly".

The situation has left some clients worrying about how they will manage their debts.

A 69-year-old woman from St Ann's has been helped by the company for four years.

The woman, who asked not to be named, said: "I got in touch with DCM because I was around �10,000 in debt and needed help.

"They had always been OK but I rang a couple of weeks ago and a message said there were some problems in the office and that it would be closed until March 7.

"I rang again on Monday and the number was just ringing out. I've got a payment to make and I don't know what to do.

"I've also had some bills through and other letters that they would usually deal with.

"I usually made a payment to them each month and they would pay my debtors for me. I don't know how much I've got left to clear and the paperwork is all at their office. I am really worried now because I have still got this debt and do not know who to pay, what to do, or who to talk to."

DCM Money Solutions offered advice to people faced with credit card debts, bankruptcy, repossession, mortgage debt and loan problems.

A notice in the window of the office says: "The offices of DCM Money Solutions are currently closed. For all inquires please call 0845 120 1040 or visit www.dcmmoney.co.uk."

The company's website also contained a message on Wednesday which said: "DCM Money Solutions. In administration. More information to be provided shortly."

The words 'in administration' had been removed on Thursday.

The latest records held by the Government's official companies register, Companies House, say the business is still active but has been overdue in submitting its accounts since December 31 last year.

Stella Howard, money advice superviser at Nottingham Citizens Advice Bureau, said people would still be liable to repay debts even if the company they were using went out of business.

The bureau can help people to manage their debts free of charge.

Telephone 0115 938 8050 for more information.



Source: http://rss.feedsportal.com/c/32715/f/503354/s/134f85c0/l/0L0Sthisisnottingham0O0Cnews0CCustomer0Es0Econcern0Ecity0Edebt0Emanagement0Efirm0Ecloses0Carticle0E332240A60Edetail0Carticle0Bhtml/story01.htm

Property Mergers and acquisitions Doctor Who Allied Irish Banks Twitter La Liga

No comments:

Post a Comment