Saturday, August 27, 2011

Are dentists a rip-off?

A reader wonders, is there any point in seeing a dental hygienist, and is dental insurance anything more than a rip-off?

Every week a Guardian Money reader submits a question, and it's up to you to help him or her out ? a selection of the best answers will appear in next Saturday's paper.

This week's question

My dentist is good, but every time I go he's always very keen to book me in to see the hygienist ? at �45 a pop. Won't an electric toothbrush and a roll of dental floss do the job just as well?

He's also tried flogging me insurance, but so far I've resisted. Is it a rip-off?

What are your thoughts?


guardian.co.uk © Guardian News & Media Limited 2011 | Use of this content is subject to our Terms & Conditions | More Feeds


Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/blog/2011/aug/26/dentist-hygienist-insurance

Lloyds Banking Group Supermarkets Sepp Blatter Football politics Sweden TV ratings

No comments:

Post a Comment